1st Leipzig Glocal Job Fair: Autumn 2018
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 Why organize a job fair?
- 2 Where, when, for whom?
- 3 What are the exhibit options and rates for companies?
- 4 News
- 5 Register as a job-seeker and keep up with the latest updates via our FB event page
Why organize a job fair?
We often hear about how fast Leipzig and region are growing. But even with quite a few job search engines and job fairs serving the area, companies and staff that would be a perfect match still have trouble finding each other. As a result, many become disenchanted and leave our area for “greener pastures” (*cough* Berlin).
We lose many bright, promising job-seekers of diverse backgrounds and talents – and job-givers as well, in a vicious cycle.
As the only local-based international web magazine, The Leipzig Glocal is in touch with this reality. We have launched a campaign to connect great companies with qualified employees among the broad, diverse audience we have been building up – from Germany and over 160 countries.
Our popular jobs page, which reaches thousands of people per month, is part of these efforts. The other is to go offline with our 1st Leipzig Glocal Job Fair, in cooperation with Basislager Coworking, Universität Leipzig Career Service and Techniker Krankenkasse.
Our webzine currently gets about 15,000 views per month and has nearly 8,000 followers combined on social media. We will use these channels and our local institutional partnerships to make sure we reach as many job-seekers as possible.
Where, when, for whom?
The LeipGlo Job Fair will be held at Leipzig’s WERK 2 on 13 November 2018, 1-9 PM.
All interested job-seekers and companies with local headquarters or branches are invited to join. The event is free for job-seekers and first-come, first-served for job-givers, who must purchase a stand in advance. Job-seekers must register through our ticketing system.
Thanks to our experience in event organization, enthusiastic follower base, and extensive networks in our community, we are able to host an event that
- will cater specifically to international-minded people: foreigners and Germans with experience in local and more global contexts (“glocals”); and
- will connect companies with a highly diverse, motivated and talented work force, in a more direct and personal way than online job search engines or gigantic job fairs could.
What are the exhibit options and rates for companies?
Exhibit formats are flexible to fit companies’ needs in WERK 2’s Halle D, which has about 400m² of space. Companies are asked to bring their own stand or display, and drinks will be available for purchase at the bar.
Exhibit spaces are available at 3X3 or 2X2 meters. The position in the venue also helps determine the price, as well as how early companies sign up.
Prices for stand / display spaces range from €400 to €1,500.
To get a quote and more information, including stats on projected attendance, fill out the form below or e-mail us at email@example.com, subject “LeipGlo Job Fair.” We look forward to your message!
Contact by form
START ME UP: Thanks to support from Die Techniker (TK) support, up to 8 startups (pre-GmbH) can join the Leipzig Glocal Job Fair, 13 Nov, with a big discount. To apply for a chance to 1. Recruit staff; 2. Meet possible investors; 3. Pitch to win a cash prize, Email us answers to these questions:
1. What does your startup do, and what is the value proposition of the product or service that your startup provides or is looking to provide?
2. Please describe the current and envisioned company culture of your startup.
3. Whom do you want to employ in your startup? (Don’t tell us about the CV you are looking for; tell us about the personality and vision that future colleagues of yours should have to fit to your company culture.)
APPLICATION: Send the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Start Me Up.” Deadline is Sunday, 7 October, 11:59PM.
A little shoutout to our confirmed LeipGlo Job Fair exhibitor signups:
- PRISMA European Capacity GmbH
- SpinLab – The HHL Accelerator
- Mynewsdesk Deutschland
- Spreadshirt Deutschland
- 2b AHEAD
- get a MINT
- Data Information Intelligence GmbH
- Teach First Deutschland
- ARBEIT UND LEBEN Sachsen
- Techniker Krankekasse
- Basislager Coworking Leipzig
- Career Service Universität Leipzig