Community - Page 20

“Don’t give Legida more attention than it deserves”

/

Another enlightening interview from our glocal politics and history writer: "Legida’s presence is a reminder that the image of Leipzig as Germany’s hipster capital is utterly incomplete... The city’s Head of Unit for Migration and Integration, Stojan Gugutschkow... shared some interesting insights [on Legida, xenophobia and related matters] and finished off with a message for

More

Sachsen’s ugly side

/

Leipzig is not just cool alternative events and venues and beautiful parks and lakes and not just a sense of community and solidarity, either; unfortunately, as our political columnist explores today, the problem of xenophobia in Leipzig and its region, perhaps most infamously in Dresden, has been tainting the news for a while, long before

More

Anna and the making of Poniatowski

//

With lots of hard work, some "madness" and serendipity, a "little" help from her friends and a business loan, a very glocally connected young woman took a risky career turn and managed to open her own Polish restaurant in Leipzig, honoring an ancestor she didn't even know had been a head chef and the memory

More

“More police needed,” says Leipzig Deputy Mayor

//

Heiko Rosenthal addresses the recent violent outbursts around the Federal Administrative Court and the US Consulate General in Leipzig.

More

Special: Can we help a Leipziger get a kick-ass coffee machine for her nascent cafe in seven days?

///

Leipziger Maike Steuer has only a week left to raise enough money to buy a quality espresso machine for her intercultural café under construction at Leipzig north. If you feel like helping out with some bucks or spreading the word, read this post for more information or go directly to http://www.visionbakery.com/bohnenbubi.

More

April 14: My first radio appearance, @ Radio Blau in #Leipzig

//

Invited by my friend and local celebrity musician Dolus Mutombo, I will appear on Leipzig's Radio Blau Tuesday, April 14, from 6 to 7 in the evening. I'll be on the multicultural show Zwischenraum, along with Dolus, now a regular contributor, and host Azzeddine Touggourt. We'll be talking about this blog and what I hope

More
1 18 19 20