Community - Page 2

It’s July – like Tinder for families!

////

It’s July is a family matchmaking platform that offers an innovative way to meet like-minded families. Cultivating new friendships and creating unique, shared experiences. Think Tinder for families meets Airbnb Experiences – this, in essence, is what they do. The platform uses an advanced artificial intelligence algorithm to match families based on age, number of

More

Smile Cycle: distance for a difference

///

What impact does your life have on the quality of life of others? South African Daniël Meyer has pledged to cycle 3000 kilometers across Europe to raise money for a children’s charity. He has named his mission The Smile Cycle, and through crowdfunding, he is raising money for Operation Smile.  This organization provides surgical

More

Book launch: The Poesie Book of Eva Goldberg

/////

The poesie book of Eva Goldberg traces the escape of the Goldberg family prior to the start of the Second World War. Their flight began in Görlitz and lead via the Netherlands and Great Britain to the USA. Eva Goldberg grew up in Görlitz and had a very happy childhood. She often traveled to Amsterdam

More

Sub_Bar – subfrequencies and haptic art

//////

With Sub_Bar, Eufonia launches a pioneering series of events exploring music, subfrequencies, and the haptic sense. Our sense of touch, ignored by compositional practices, is home to our deepest memories and most instinctive reactions. It speaks a language of pain and pleasure, trauma and comfort, summer and winter. What happens when we stimulate it with

More

Interview: Die Leipziger Integrationsmesse 2022

////

Nach einer langen Unterbrechung durch die Pandemie findet die Integrationsmesse der Stadt Leipzig endlich wieder in Präsenz statt. Im Interview sprechen wir mit Jakob Lanman Niese, Mitarbeiter des Referats für Migration und Integrations der Stadt Leipzig, über die im Juni stattfindende Messe. Die Messe wird veranstaltet von der Stadt Leipzig und dem gemeinützigen Verein ARBEIT

More

Dear Prudence: navigating a mixed-faith family

///

Dear Prudence, I got into a pickle with my partner the other day and I’m hoping you can help. We have a toddler, a very precocious 3-year-old boy. Recently we lost a very dear family friend in a terrible accident. Our son knew them well and was very fond of them. Of course, this has

More